While each timeline may vary slightly, you may find using the following list helpful to navigate through your purchase and stay on top of what’s next.
PREPARATION AND LISTING PHASE
- Consider getting an appraisal and a pre-listing home inspection
- Prepare your home for sale
- Interview agents (REALTOR® Consultation)
- Hire a REALTOR® (Listing Agreement)
- Obtain a home warranty to cover major repairs during the listing and after the home inspection.
- Stage home for optimum photography and showing results
- Professional listing photography is completed.
- Property enters the MLS and showings begin.
- Tidy daily for last-minute showings
- Leave lights and lamps on for scheduled showings
- Remove pets for scheduled showings
- Discuss showing feedback with REALTOR® (when provided by showing agent)
- Consider condition, market conditions, and price at every 30 day interval with no offer
- Offer received - discuss all terms with REALTOR®
- Draft counter-offer or sign acceptance